Friday, September 5, 2008

Woe to the Zeglens by Sarah

Alas for the Zeglens! The Garrisons have made it official: they will not be spending Thanksgiving with the Zeglen family. Yes, they are breaking a 12 year tradition. We are deeply disappointed. Yet we knew this was coming when Susan decided to go off, get married and have a baby. Can you imagine the nerve of her doing such a thing? Unfortunately, I can imagine it and thought it was coming sooner or later. As Thanksgiving approaches, the Zeglens will have to think of some new and fun things to do without the beloved G’s. The wheels in our little noggins are turning and some people have proposed having an early Thanksgiving with the G’s. Sadly, that still leaves us with an empty Thanksgiving Day. Also Thanksgiving will be even more dismal and empty as Steve will not be able to make it *sob*. Thankfully, we will still have Kevin *sigh of relief*. We will have to brainstorm for some new and exciting things.

3 comments:

Meg G said...

Yes, woe indeed. We are all at a loss here too. *whimper* Will the world keep turning? Will we upset the whole order of the universe? Ah me. Alas and alack. *dabs at eyes* Will life go on?

We miss you all! :-)

une_fille_d'Ève said...

Alas! Hitherto! Wherefore wilt though dearest do?

Those were just supposed to sound fancy... not really have much meaning.

I must say that I for one am super, super sad about the end of this very long-standing tradition. I didn't realize it was so long. And I'm all for still having a feast and just making it early! I'll try not to eat so much so I still feel able to move and breath afterward.
Ah, feasting with the Zeglens. One of my very favoritest of pasttimes.

Susan said...

Forsooth! Allow me to join in this tale of woe!

*sniff* I'm super-sad to have to miss a Thanksgiving at the Z's again this year :-(. It was one of my favoritest traditions also! We need to come up with a new favorite tradition, like an every-other-year tea, or something? Next time Adrian, Hans, and I are in Atlanta WE NEED TO MAKE PLANS TO SEE Y'ALL!!!!!!! Otherwise I shall swoon! We're hoping to be there near the end of June next year. We shall see :-).