Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Surprises by Sarah

My 16th birthday was the birthday of surprises for me. It was quite fun.

The first surprise was a surprise birthday party while we were camping with our friends the Ruffs. I was sent out on a long walk with Taylor. When we returned everyone else was stuffed into the Ruffs’ little camper singing "Happy Birthday." They all had part of a sign that read “Happy 16th Birthday, Sarah.” I loved celebrating my birthday with such fun friends. It was very special.
The second surprise came the day after my birthday. While I was out shopping with Grandma everyone at home was busy preparing a WHITE birthday dinner for me. The meal consisted of chicken fettuccine, white rice, potatoes, and breadsticks. For dessert they prepared a Krispy Kreme doughnut cake. It was my dream birthday meal.

The final surprise came the next morning. Three of the girls had orthodontist appointments in Atlanta. The plan was to have all of the girls go down and make it a girl date by hitting the clothing outlets in Calhoun. After the appointment I thought we were proceeding to the outlets. Instead I was pleasantly surprised when we stopped at a tea room in Atlanta. This was the same tea room Mom took me to last year for my 15th birthday. It was very fun going back.


That ended the surprises for my 16th Birthday. I will have to be on the lookout for next year.

5 comments:

Taylor said...

You forgot the most important detail of all: how you didn't suspect anything during our creepy walk in the dark. It was fun. Did you suspect anything during the shopping trip? :)

une_fille_d'Ève said...

How FUN!! That dinner sounds so cool.

Taylor said...

we all look very very cramped in that camper. how did we all fit? :)

Zeglen fam said...

No, she didn't suspect anything. It was great!

Zeglen fam said...

I don't know how we all fit in the camper.