Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Eric Liddell Rocks by Sarah

I recently finished reading a great biography on Eric Liddell: Pure Gold. Of all the biographies I have read on him this one surpasses them all. Through the inspirational movie “Chariots of Fire” many people know a little bit about the famous Scottish runner who ran for the gold medal in the 1924 Olympic Games. The movie only provides a small glimpse of the man Eric Liddell really was. In Pure Gold you get to discover the real Eric Liddell, the man who gave up his athletic career to go where God was calling him. I love how this book does not totally focus on Eric’s athletic achievements but rather his mission in China. In all that he did with his life, Eric Liddell strived to honor God with everything he did.

This was one of the best biographies I have read on anyone. I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

une_fille_d'Ève said...

Movies are never quite as good as the books, are they? So interesting.